When you feel yourself slipping into a bad mood, you can lift your spirits naturally. Instead of automatically heading to the junk food section, why not choose foods that taste good and will improve your mood? There are certain foods that contain properties that act as natural anti-depressants so you can eat them to make you happier and they are much healthier than what you may normally eat when your mood is bad.
- Chocolate – First, on the list is chocolate. You just can’t eat chocolate and be in a bad mood. Actually, the best chocolate with regards to health is dark chocolate.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt is thick and delicious and will instantly make you smile no matter what flavor is your favorite.
- Coconut – Fresh or packaged, coconut flakes are sweet, nutritious and filled with happiness.
- Honey – Add a bit of honey to your tea or eat it on a biscuit. This natural food has plenty of nutrients to help fight depression.
- Eggs – Eggs are very nutritious and contain essential vitamins and nutrients for an elevated mood.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Those little tomatoes are so cute and delicious that you won’t be able to help by smile when you eat them. They also contain healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries contain natural nutrients to help fight depression.
- Asparagus – Asparagus is a great health food that contains vitamins to cure a number of ails, including depression.
- Mussels – Mussels have oils and vitamins that are great for an overall healthier you.
- Swiss Chard – Swiss chard has nutrients to help fight depression as well. It is also great for your skin, hair and a number of other things that may ail you.
- Watermelon – Helps the blood vessels, it has 92% water and it’s filled with Vitamin A, B6, potassium and magnesium.