If you have a weak immune system, you’ll not last long. This is a reality for all human beings. The human immune system is made of complex biological structures and processes, the body’s defense against external invaders, like viruses and bacteria. If the immune system is weak, the human body will fail to operate normally and will eventually die.
How to boost your immune system?
A Special Health Report from Harvard Health Publications suggested to adopt healthy-living strategies.
Your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as these:
· Don’t smoke.
· Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
· Exercise regularly.
· Maintain a healthy weight.
· Control your blood pressure.
· If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
· Get adequate sleep.
· Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
· Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group and risk category.
Aside from the things mentioned above, meditation is also one of the best holistic approach to strengthening the immune system. And herbs and spices were also known to boost the immune system such as:
1. Turmeric – It naturally cleanses the liver and has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
2. Tarragon – It helps in treating stomach aches as well as triggering the appetite, prevents heart disease, lowers blood pressure and is a mild sedative.
3. Allspice – It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and has a soothing and calming effect.
4. Marjoram – It stimulates digestion,raises appetite,calms the mood, treats insomnia and is a diuretic.
5. Rosemary – It has calming effects and treats fatigue, improves the mood, prevents anxiety, calms the muscles and improves digestion.
To learn more specific health benefits and how to use these 5 immune booster herbs and spices, check the link below…