I’ve previously shared a tip for using peppermint oil for keeping spiders out of your home
Peppermint Ant Repellent Spray
- 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Citronella Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1.5 ounces distilled water and 1.5 ounces high proof alcohol (e.g. vodka). If you don’t want to use alcohol you can just use 3 ounces distilled water – the alcohol simply helps to disperse the oils more.
Fill a fine mist spray bottle (such as this one) with 1.5 ounces distilled water plus 1.5 ounces high proof alcohol (or 3 ounces distilled water). Add the peppermint, citronella and lavender essential oils, secure the cap and shake.
Shake the bottle before each use. Test a small amount on kitchen surfaces to ensure the spray causes no damage. If no damage is caused then spray around kitchen surfaces and in places where ants enter. Be careful to avoid food and drink.
More Ant Repellent Tips
- Add one drop of peppermint essential oil onto a cotton wool ball and place where ants enter. Or simply add one drop of peppermint oil to the ants entry source.
- According to The Complete Book Of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy, ants do not like spearmint, peppermint, garlic and citronella essential oils.
- Ants do not like spearmint, tansy, pennyroyal or peppermint plants. Grow these plants in pots and place around your doors.
Hopefully using these tips will mean ants don’t bother you again! Pin this page to Pinterest and share on Facebook so your friends can see these tips and fewer people will have to use toxic bug spray.